Thursday, June 3, 2010

Not Done Yet... A painting for my Dad...


It has been forever since I painted anything! I'm more of an illustrator than a fine artist in that department...so it was a little intimidating to get started, but my Dad's birthday is coming up quick & I couldn't think of a dang thing to get him.
He's the typical guy who has everything he needs & is near impossible to buy for. At Christmas I had the same problem, so I wanted to make up for it by gifting him something super extra special for his birthday.
I had the idea to do a painting of all his grandkids, as this is something I know he could appreciate & I know he doesn't have one of these already.

At this point I guess I'm near done... might be able to finish it this morning & then go get it framed.

It's been fun switching creative gears & doing something completely different for a change!

7 comments:

aLmYbNeNr said...

that is beautiful! you are so creative!

Pariah said...

That is a gorgeous painting! I'm sure your dad will love it.

I also love the cupcake post below; I'll have to make those with my son soon. He would be thrilled with the crazy colors!

Knickertwist said...

That's fantastic! It's so vibrant and happy. I'm sure he'll love it :)

Glenda said...

That's so cool, June!! What a neat gift for your dad -- priceless :).

AlwaysInspired said...

Wonderful! Such a great gift!

Hello there! My name is June said...

Thank you guys! I've decided to have it framed really nice & so it will be a few more weeks before he gets it.
It's really hard to keep such a secret!

:o)

Heather said...

The colors in this are amazing!