Thursday, December 18, 2008

How to Take a Great Holiday Photo of Kids? ....Simple Bribery!

My kids are so overly photographed...it's not funny. I've been pushing a camera in their faces nearly daily ever since they were born...documenting every detail of their little lives...but that doesn't stop them from acting up & not cooperating.

They are 2 and 4 after all...and it's in their nature to be restless! I'm just thankful they get along as well as they do.

You may ask how did I get them to behave so well? My answer is simple bribery! It works like a charm! I know what they like and dangle it in front of them like a carrot before a donkey!
The closeup of their faces shows what they look like, but I also think it's nice to show how big they've grown over the past year...so I also like the standing poses. (notice how the tree only has ornaments up high...my boy likes to play 'the grinch game' and un-decorates the tree...puts the ornaments in his toy shopping cart & runs off with them)

The photo of babygirl in the horse just tugs at my heartstrings because that toy was mine when I was her age...and I even remember riding in it...plus it reminds me of my Nana...who is no longer with us.
You can see in this photo.... the challenge I had to get them to behave...this is the 'behind the scenes' photo... where I'm scrambling to just get them to stand next to each other & have them both look at the camera at the same time!
I probably should put this one on my card...simply because it's how they 'really' are!
...And they are tremendous fun!

It's difficult for me as their mom to choose which one to go with for our annual holiday cards...because in my eyes they're all adorable... so I may have a few of each printed & mix them up for the different people on my list.

No comments: