Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Why not let your toddler help with dinner?

Every toddler & preschooler may not want to help get involved in the kitchen...but boy oh boy! Mine sure do! Of course there are several safety issues which must be met when I have them help me...but it's worth the time & mess involved! What a wonderful experience for them to learn, feel needed, as well as to contribute to the preparation of a meal.

Start out with something simple at first...then go from there. My 3 year old can crack an egg better than I can! There are so many kid friendly recipes & meals listed on various websites. Just google 'kid friendly food' and see what you come up with!


Here are some recent photos of my little ones helping to make 'pigs in a blanket'...which is simply rolling up oscar meyer cheesy hot dogs in some pillsbury crescent dough...and baking for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.


My boy was so proud to tell his dad, 'I made supper for you Daddy!,' when he got home from work! He's even learning to be a little more patient these days!

No comments: