Thursday, July 23, 2009

So Facebook is allowing 3rd party advertisers to use your posted images...

Isn't that special? I think it would be nice if they asked first at least! Before getting my knickers in a twist, a friend of mine shared how to 'opt out' of this.

Click on SETTINGS up at the top where you see the log out link. Select PRIVACY. Then select NEWS FEED & WALL. Next select the tab that reads FACEBOOK ADS. There is a drop down box, select NO ONE. Then save your changes. Pass it on to your facebook friends...so they can protect their images as well.

I've been keeping my facebook page private...for only friends & family ...so I don't feel comfortable sharing everything...especially if it's used in third party advertising... How tacky?

I'd be interested in hearing from y'all what you think of this facebook feature...and whether or not you think it's a good thing.

:o)

4 comments:

Eli's Lids said...

Interesting! I wonder how the 3rd party people can use the pix?

elociNNicole said...

Thank You so much for posting this and how to not allow such blatant misuse of information.

frutejuce said...

Thank you have changed my settings now.

glenna said...

Thanks for sharing this information. I am going to change my settings now.