Friday, August 21, 2009

A Bird in the Hand....

...is not worth 2 in the bush in my opinion...
This poor little robin knocked himself senseless after crashing into one of the windows. I went out to find him flat on his back & looking all around in a daze. I had to pick him up because the neighbor's cat had noticed the bird laying there & was stalking it. After a few minutes the poor robin shook it off & flew from my hand up into the nearest tree...seemingly unharmed.

I took a picture of it to show the kids & they wanted to hold a bird too, but I told them it wasn't 'that kind of bird' ...& wild birds are happiest up in the trees where they belong.
:o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaw how cute. Well done for saving it before the cat went for it. That was one lucky little feathered friend you had there. x

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, I'm leaving you a comment to say how fabulous your blog is ! Really unusual and interesting posts and you have cool pictures too. Thanks so much for taking the time to share them.. best wishes...