Tuesday, January 19, 2010

HELLO DOLLY!!! ...and a happy birthday to you!

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."-Dolly Parton

Now I don't get all crazy starstruck over celebrities... but when it comes to Dolly... I think my heart skips a beat a little!
Ever since I was a little girl listening to my mother's records my love for Dolly has grown. It's kind of funny how I feel like she's been a part of my life. Her songs have helped me through some hard times...as a good country song should!
Her song, 'coat of many colors' helped me deal with my hurt feelings as a child when I wasn't always fitting in when all the other girls were dancing, singing, or playing sports... there I was drawing. Nothing helps soothe the pangs of love gone wrong for me like the song 'Jolene'.
...and don't get me started on how much I love the movies Dolly has been in! 9 to 5 is probably my favorite followed by Steel Magnolias...oh, and The Best Little Whorehouse!
I wish she would make more movies!

If I could send this to Dolly I would & if anyone knows how to get a celebrity address to send fan art to...please let me know!!!

I've been stitching like crazy the last couple of days. This is from a pattern/drawing I had done. I embroidered it in black DMC 310 floss with the strands varying in different parts. Most of it was stitched with 3 strands. The fabric is a pink cotton printed with glitter. I LOVE this fabric & it just felt right to do my Dolly Parton embroidery on.

Dolly is full of spunk & sass! What can I say? ...I adore her! Happy Birthday Dolly! You're a gem!
This was fun!
:o)

8 comments:

AlwaysInspired said...

Yay! I have loved Dolly since I was a girl as well! Growing up listening to her songs at my Grandparent's. This is a wonderful tribute!

MafiosaGrrl said...

WOW, pink glittery fabric is perfect for a Dolly piece! Nice stitching, I especially LOVE her hair :)

sassypackrat said...

That is such a great likeness of Dolly. I am also a Dolly fan.

Hello there! My name is June said...

Thanks bunches!!! I always feel like I'm completely at home when listening to her songs.

Hello there! My name is June said...

MafiosaGrrl ...Thank you! When designing her hair I just kept thinking make it really big... like Barbie's!

:o)

Hello there! My name is June said...

Sasspackrat Thank you! I don't think I've ever met anyone that didn't like her! ...even if they weren't into country music.

anotherkindofdrew said...

My wife adores Dolly. She especially admires her commitment to her heritage and birthplace as well as her most recent commitment to education and literacy (Imagination Library).

If you ever consider selling this awesome stitching, please consider letting me know. I would love to get my wife something this cool.

Keep up the beautiful and inspiring work!

Glenda said...

That's great, June!

Really, how can anyone NOT love Dolly?!! She seems witty, down to earth, and like someone you'd instantly feel comfortable talking to . . . and her singing voice absolutely feels like you're being wrapped up by comfort :).