Thursday, September 18, 2008

Reflection on Life Through a Craftster Swap

I have removed my original post regarding this swap out of respect for my partner and her family...not because it was bad...it did reflect on my feelings at the time...but with time, things can and do change.

My original partner in the Elvis/Marilyn swap was very friendly, chatty, and caring in her personal messages to me in the beginning of the swap to mid-July...and then I heard nothing from her, but didn't feel anything was amiss due to getting caught up in my own family obligations. I sent my swap package off with delivery confirmation, as we always do in these swaps...and then never heard word of my package's arrival. She was in a car accident...hit by a drunk driver...& passed a few days later in the hospital. Her daughter who was also in the car is ok...thanks to God for that one mercy. I only hope her daughter finds comfort in the Elvis quilt with the teddy bear I'd made for her.

Please pray for this little girl, the husband she left behind, & her family as she was taken from this earth much too soon at age 21...and is not able to watch her little girl grow up.

Life is precious...let us remember that every day is a gift.

1 comment:

TiLT said...

Oh my. Nothing to say except my heart goes out to them. I had read somewhere on craftster about a fellow member who had passed - Thank you for sharing.