Thursday, February 10, 2011

Felted Bead Charm Bracelet for Craftster Swap


Hello crafty peeps!

Been awhile since I shared a craftster swap project.
This is a bracelet I made based on an item from my swap partner's wist. I'd never worked with felted beads before, and it was a fun challenge for me to use such a soft, squishy medium after being used to working with resin in my jewelry crafting.

Luckily I found a fantastic supplier on etsy "Macieslacies" for the felted balls...so I didn't have to attempt that part on my own...thank goodness, because I'm sure I'd have botched it somehow!

I searched for a local supplier & was thrilled that macieslacies was here in Ohio, because she had exactly what I was looking for & due to the time limit on the swap, I didn't want to have to wait too long for the beads to arrive.

Barbara was a joy to work with & set up a special custom listing for me right away...even with me bothering her during the busy holiday season!
I now have her shop bookmarked for more felted bead supply orders & you should see all the gorgeous colors she has available right now!

I think it would be great fun to make necklaces & earrings for gifts ...yep, I'm already thinking about crafting for Mother's Day & birthdays!

No comments: