Friday, July 24, 2009

Getting my stitch on...


I love the old Aunt Martha's embroidery patterns... simply because I can feel like I'm accomplishing something without the pressure of having to do all the work that goes into creating the pattern for myself.
The other day I worked on getting my Ohio sales taxes paid & really needed to unwind with a fun craft I could do in a few hours. From start to finish this took about 3 hours. It would've been less if I had stitched it a la 'redwork' or 'blackwork' without having to do all the color changes...but you know me... I love color!!!
This piece may be the start of a baby quilt for my new niece... we'll see if I can get the other blocks done in such a timely manner!

Comments & critiques & suggestions are all welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog & 'Happy Friday' ... be creative!

2 comments:

LittleGemsbyKari said...

very cute!!!

Anonymous said...

this makes me want to get my needle and embroidery thread out and dusted off!