Tuesday, February 16, 2010

king cake for fat tuesday...being snowed in inspires baking!


mardi gras party king cake for fat tuesday by isewcute
Originally uploaded by isewcute

So after realizing that today wasn't just another Tuesday...but was indeed fat Tuesday, I got the biggest craving for king cake! We are in the middle of a big snowy mess here in Ohio... so baking was a super thing to do on this freezy day.

No secret recipe... I just googled 'king cake' and made the first one that looked good & was made with everything I already had in the cupboard!

I know the baby is supposed to go on the inside... but hey, no chance of my husband providing next year's cake if he found the baby...and besides...it's a terrible choking hazard! I thought it looked cute sitting on top anyhow!

Happy Fat Tuesday Everybody!
:o)

1 comment:

Meghan said...

wow, what an awesome looking cake. Had never heard of 'king cake' before...will have to google the recipe now!