Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Baking Cookies Today!

I was given a cookbook for Christmas when I was 3 years old by my Grammie. At the time it didn't really seem to be an appropriate gift for a 3 year old, but I'm sure appreciative of it now! It's a great Betty Crocker cookbook called, "The Cooky Book".

There are a lot of yummy looking pictures throughout that I've been wanting to try & I must admit I've only made a handfull of the recipes to date.


Today I'm making the first recipe listed... chocolate drop cookies.
I didn't have chocloate squares, so used Hershey's coccoa powder instead & the dough smelled so good & super chocolatey!

When mixing the dough, I changed it up a bit & omitted the nuts & added coconut instead! I can't wait to see how they turn out & will keep y'all updated on what my little taste testers think of them!
I'm going to try every recipe in this book! Doesn't that sound like a sweet adventure to have? It will be like "Julie vs. Julia" only it's "June vs. Betty Crocker"!
I love cookies more than French cuisine, so it's going to be wicked fun!

If baking is not your cup of tea, you can always cruise on over to etsy & see what's cooking there! Here are a few treats that caught my eye this morning!
(warning) Photos will make you drool! Click the link below each photo to be directed to etsy for purchase if you're interested!

I adore these ice cream cone shaped cookies!
Ice Cream Cookies by mjammie


If I had these...I'd hide them from the kids & eat them all myself!
Cookie-Wich Lovers Sampler Pack by Tookies

Tookies' blog is so cute! Take a peek! http://ohmytookies.blogspot.com/

Aren't these the cutest cookies ever? Perfect for gift giving!
Farm Animal Sugar Cookies (12 Favors Bagged & Bowed) by TSCookies

If you are into baking your own treats, you may also like these helpful baking accessories!
Every baker should have a fun apron!
I Speak Cookie Handpainted Apron by Splashin


You need something to store those cookies in! I love these great vintage finds!
Vintage McCoy Little Red Riding Hood Collectible Cookie Jar by ccaappp

VinTaGe...supeR .RARE....CooKie MonSter........Cookie JaR..... by plumberryvintage


You can also find a wide variety of cookie cutters on etsy! I simply adore this tiara! My babygirl would love the tiara cookies!
Pink Princess Tiara Crown Cookie Cutter by CupcakeSocial on Etsy

I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did! Cheers!

6 comments:

TroubleT said...

I'll be right over with a gallon of milk. They all look super yummy! :D

giddy99 said...

I received a Betty Crocker cookbook for kids when I was kid - I still love that book. :)

oh MY tookies! said...

i have this cookie book!! thank you for including my tookies! x0x

oh MY tookies! said...

i have this cookie book! thank you for including my tookies! ")

Hello there! My name is June said...

I'm so glad y'all liked this fun post. It's been so cold & rainy here in Ohio that I had to make it cheery inside & baking cookies always does the trick! I will update shortly on my cookie experiment!

Cheers!

Summer said...

Ahhh what an amazing cookbook!