Thursday, November 6, 2014

Spring French Knot Embroidery Hoop Wall Art by I Sew Cute

Oh my poor neglected craft blog! How I've missed you!!! It's been a heck of a year & although I've worked on many projects, I haven't taken any time to blog about them. You could say that life got in the way earlier this year when my youngest was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. She is thriving now & I have become used to our new lifestyle in caring for her, so I intend to flood this blog with posts on things I worked on over the course of the past few months.

This is a hoopla I did for a swap on craftster. The swap theme was your favorite season & my partner chose spring. I thought it was a great opportunity to do a hoop in a rainbow garden of wee French knots...which remind me of little flower buds ready to bloom!

First, I wrote the word 'spring' on sticky-backed paper & cut out the letters. I stuck them to my fabric in the hoop (loving this oval shape so much for this project).

Next, I began stitching little French knots all around the letters...being sure to not stitch into or under the paper letters. They were masking off the word for me. I used maybe 30 or 40 different colors of floss in this project, but you could use your favorites in any color combo you choose.

This is how it looks after removing the paper letters. I think I may do this again. Making the French knots was so relaxing in a time of much anxiety & like knitting, I found it very calming & zen like.

I hope I've inspired you to give this embroidery method a try! Happy stitching!


No comments: