Monday, July 21, 2008

Dawson's Doggie Crib Quilt

Wish I'd taken better photos of this baby quilt I made for my nephew.

It has hand embroidered doggies in 12 panels with hand-painted elements. I had a redwork pattern to start with...but didn't like how generic & uncute (is that a word?) the dogs were...so I redrew them in my own style. It took forever to do all that embroidery!

The piecing is also based on another pattern which I altered to make it more suitable for a boy.

This quilt is hand tied...after all the time & energy I had already put into it, I wanted to get it done before my nephew grew up!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilt is awesomely cute and you did a great job on it! You nephew is lucky to have such a crafty Aunt. This is something he can always cherish.

Patty said...

Oh, I just love this quilt!

Hello there! My name is June said...

Thank you! It took a lot of dedication to get it done in a limited amount of time! It was so fun to make...except the binding...I don't like to do binding. ;^)