Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Chocolate Temptation Fudge...yes, I said the magic word "CHOCOLATE"...you'll love it!

My back is bothering me terribly after I pulled it while lifting something heavy & twisting at the same time...so I'm sitting here trying to 'take it easy'...which is easier said than done while taking care of 2 little kids.

I've been surfing the craftster website...one of my favorite pastimes...& saw a lovely batch of cinnamon rolls there. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=269803.30
I must have cinnamon rolls...I hear them calling my name!

So now searching through my recipe box for the cinnamon rolls I'd like to make, I came across this little treasure I haven't made in ages.

The words just jumped off of the recipe card "CHOCOLATE TEMPTATION FUDGE!!!" Oh-Yeah! (I'm easily distracted by chocolate...and shiny things)

Start with these first 5 Ingredients:
*3 cups sugar
*2 tbsp. instant coffee (secret ingredient)
*1/4 tsp. salt
*1 cup evaporated milk
*2 Tbsp. Light Karo Syrup

Put these first 5 ingredients in a 3 quart saucepan & bring to a boil while stirring constantly...cook until it either forms a 'soft ball' when put in cold water, or reaches 230 degrees on a candy thermometer.

Remove it from heat & add these next 4 Ingredients:

*3Tbsp. butter
*1 tsp. vanilla
*1/2 cup chopped nuts
*3/4 cup of coccoa powder

Mix until cooled & pour into a 9X12" pan which should be sprayed with pam to keep the fudge from sticking.
Let cool completely & eat in moderation!
It is sooo good...even if it isn't good for the body, I swear it's good for the soul!

No comments: