Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Shhhh! It's a Secret!!!



I cannot wait to share with all of you dear readers my latest creation! I'm going to have to wait until my swap partner over at craftster gets her swap package before posting the entire project because I don't want to spoil the surprise for her.
I've sculpted The Simpsons as a nativity!
This is the biggest...most time intensive project I think I've ever swapped on craftster. It took me over 40 hours to sculpt the family plus their dog, Santaslittlehelper. I think painting was another 12 hours because you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to paint up to the edge of one colored area without the paint or bristles of the brush sneaking over on another part. I did a lot of touch ups. To finish it off & make it super festive, they're all clearcoated with a sprinkling of glitter. I love when I can work glitter into a project!

Now comes the really hard part... letting go. I've let them dry sufficiently & taken their 'glamour shots'... so now they're sitting on the kitchen table next to a box & roll of bubble wrap. I'll be mailing these out priority, with insurance, and signature confirmation.
I'm disenchanted with the usps right now...but that's another story & I want to be absolutely sure these reach their new home safe & sound!
I hope my partner & her family loves them!

Will post updated photos of the group after they get there...by Friday if all goes well!

No comments: