Sunday, May 23, 2010

They're Back! Wild Ohio Peacocks!

These 2 male peacocks found their way back to our yard this weekend & put on quite a show! I was able to get pretty close & take a few photos before they were driven back into the forest by my kiddos. I think they are so beautiful & so funny looking at the same time. I'm naming these 2 'Statler & Waldorf' after the grouchy old men muppet critics.
Don't they look like they disapprove?

Looking for something to eat...and not finding much. We might get some cracked corn in case they come back...although I don't really want to encourage them to hang around all the time.

Run Statler! Run!

Safely back in the forest...for now.

5 comments:

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

Oh my goodness! Beautiful pictures!

Hello there! My name is June said...

Thank you so much for the compliment! I'd give my new camera all the credit, only I'd been working with a crap one for so long, it forced me to try harder...so now it's much easier to take a decent photo than it used to be. The subject matter definitely lends itself to awesome photos! Those colors can only be found in nature. I sure do hope they return again sometime!

Zombie Queen said...

How cool! I know this may sound dumb, but I didn't think peacocks were ever "out on the wild"

PussDaddy said...

Boy they are really pretty. Lucky you.

PussDaddy

Hello there! My name is June said...

Hey Zombie Queen! I'm sure they must belong to somebody around here. I live in a pretty rural area where there are farms, fields, and forests... so I'm usually not surprised when the deer, coyotes, or stray chickens wander through the yard. The peacocks are new to me. They just showed up about a month ago or so. I'm in complete awe of them & will photograph them every given chance.